Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

The freezer in my SubZero has been "screaming". when I

Customer Question

The freezer in my SubZero has been "screaming". when I opened the door it stopped, but now all the lights are out and the noise I think is even louder.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The noise you are hearing is coming from the fan motor in the freezer they can sound horrible when they start going out and when you open the door it stops because opening the door kills power to the fan motor. If you can give me the model number of the unit I will be glad to give you the replacement part number for the fan. In the meantime please read below, thanks.

The only way I get credit for the time I spend helping you is if you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top of your page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. Thank you in advance.