Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a kit heard hood model nbr kwcu205h-ss-0 The light of

Customer Question

Good morning! I have a kit heard hood model nbr kwcu205h-ss-0
The light of the hood keeps blinking as if the bulb has seen better days.. I've tried to figure how to change it and even called Kitchenaid for help and they recommended to contact u.. Because they couldn't find innstructions in the manual as how to do it! On each side there are two things that look like screws but not even the super small ones work.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 months ago.

Replacing the light bulb:

This range hood uses fluorescent lamp type F33-15W-T8 and starter type 52. Remove the retainer clips from both

ends of the light cover. Carefully slide the cover all the way to the right. Then lower the left end of the glass below the support flange and remove the glass by sliding it back from the left. Install a new fluorescent light bulb. Position the right end of the light cover over the flange and slide the cover all the way to the right. Position the left end of the light cover over the flange and slide the cover back to left. Reinstall the retainer clips.