Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have a fisher and pykel 5kilo smart drive 9 that wont

Customer Question

hello i have a fisher and pykel 5kilo smart drive 9 that wont drain
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Fisher & Paykel is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: aw095au i bought it second hand about 2 yearsago
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it did the same thing 3 months ago but i got it working again
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Tip the unit up against the wall and check the pump for leaking and see if the impeller spins. The pump has the black fan blade on it and if it looks all corroded that is the issue and it will need to be changed. If it is clean turn the black impeller and see if it spins freely. If it does then you will have to take off the Y valve and check it for blockages. That is the gray Y shaped valve just behind the pump. If the pump does not spin freely you should remove it and check for any clothing or stuck objects in the pump impeller itself.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!