Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My GE profile shoes HRS code and looks such as dead!!! all

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: my GE profile shoes HRS code and looks such as dead!!!
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: all functions are down just inside lights are working , that's all
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes if I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: First should I unplugged it or No
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

HRS means that the compressor won't start up for some reason. First, unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes and plug it back in after you remove the lower access panel so you can monitor the compressor. Plug the refrigerator back in. If you hear the compressor try to start every couple minutes and it kicks off it means that the unit is overloading. If the compressor is cold to the touchpad and the compressor doesn't even try to turn on, you need a new control board because it's not sending power to the compressor. So let's talk a little more about the overloading issue. There is a small plastic box attached to the side of the compressor with several wires going into it. This is your overload relay. Pull the overload relay off the compressor and shake it. If it rattles, then it needs to be replaced. If it doesn't rattle, then you likely have a bad compressor and you'll need to call a technician in order to replace the compressor.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?