Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My bosch make a grinding sound kinda like bad bearings even

Customer Question

my bosch make a grinding sound kinda like bad bearings even when I turn the water off. Whould this be the drain pump or circulation pump possibly
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 3 or 4 years but It runs daily
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it still seems to drain fine and clean fine. just started making this grinding type noise
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

The most likely culprit is going to be the drain pump but the best way to determine which one is making the noise is to start a cycle from the beginning. The first 30 seconds the dishwasher turns the drain pump on to evacuate any left over water in the sump. If the noise comes on during this portion you need to remove the drain pump and check for any debris hitting the impeller. If not then replace the drain pump. Other than that if the noise only occurs when spraying the water then check for debris or replace the circulation pump.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.