Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have an error code with Maytag 2000series washer...E1 F6,

Customer Question

I have an error code with Maytag 2000series washer...E1 F6
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 3 yeears old maybe...mhwe200xw00
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if i can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

So to start, F6-E1 means that your main central control board (CCU) and the motor control board (MCU) are not communicating with one another properly. The motor control board is located under the tub mounted to the floor of the washer. The CCU is mounted under the top panel of the washer and is the part with about 100 wires going into it in the front right corner mounted to the right side wall. You'll want to remove the top panel to check the wire connections and make sure they are all secure. If everything looks good, then you need to replace the MCU. Below is a link to the MCU for your model number.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thanks..i will let my son take a look when he gets there a reset button to try first?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Alright good luck. The only possible reset is to unplug the washer for 5 minutes. There is no button to reset this issue I'm sorry to say.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?