Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line

Dishwasher Model #DU850DWGB2 the inner door shield came off

Customer Question

Dishwasher Model #DU850DWGB2 the inner door shield came off and will not stay on the door it leaks when you use it any help thank for you help della
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Sorry to hear that your having issue with your dishwasher.

Once they come off you normally have to replace it because the little locking grooves have been warped (bent the wrong way)

But the part is NO longer available from the manufacture.

So your best bet is to fill the groove with RTV silicone and then install it ,let the unit set for 24 hours for the silicone to set then you should be fine.

This will of course glue the shield onto the bottom of the door liner.

If you have any questions just reply back to me