John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Frigidaire French door refrigerator will not cool after

Customer Question

Frigidaire French door refrigerator will not cool after using Sabbath mode. Help!
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Am at work, so do not have manual. It is a "Professional" Frigidaire French door refrigerator
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Lights are on in unit, but no water coming out of dispenser & is not cooling. Checked breaker panel, breaker is not tripped.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Model number for my Frigidaire refrigerator is FPBS2777RF. Have used Sabbath mode to shut off display lights & icemaker at night. Unit is not running after I changed operating mode off "Sabbath" setting.
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Sorry that your having issues.

Are you sure that while coming out of the Sabbath mode that you did not turn on the control lock function?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do not have anything labeled "control lock" on the control panel. Is there another term other than "control lock"? User manual did not mention control lock function for this model.

here is the use and care booklet for the model number you have given .

ftp://ftp.electrolux-na.com/ProdInfo_PDF/Anderson/808857604en.pdf

Refer to page #17

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
FYI, I resolved this problem by shutting breaker OFF for 20 seconds, then back on. Fridge is operating, but I plan to replace it with another model, or another of this one if it continues to run in the interim. Employee in Lowe's states that the store will replace fridge or allow me to choose another model. The store has been nice about assisting me with my troubles. This model would probably not be a good choice for customers who want to use the Sabbath feature regularly. Unit ran fine until I used this mode. Thank you for your assistance today. If you need to communicate further, please use my e-mail *********