John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I received the replacement harness/bulb assembly for my

Customer Question

I received the replacement harness/bulb assembly for my LG/sears refrigerators (the one that had the recall and class action settlement). I removed the lens and the plastic mounting frame work (had some melting) . This new harness-socket assembly is wired differently as it has a green wire hanging loose with a brake at the end. What to do with it is my question as I see no place to attach it. There is also a device in line that may be some type of thermostat?
Need guidance on this install, especially regarding the green wire.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will try to assist you today. Sorry to hear you are having this trouble what is the model number of your fridge so I can pull up some information.