Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

What does F-01 mean on the Whirlpool duet dryer? The lights

Customer Question

What does F-01 mean on the Whirlpool duet dryer? The lights are on but it will not start drying???
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

F01 is a very straight forward error and unfortunately it's not good I'm sorry to say. F01 means that the main relay power control board has an internal short. This is not something you can just reset, the board will need to be replaced. The board is mounted below the top panel against the left side wall. Depending on the model number it usually costs about $200-250 for the part but if you're handy you can definitely replace the part yourself because it's all plug and play.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.