Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

Frigidaire refrigerator model fsc23f7tds3 Beeping like the

Customer Question

Frigidaire refrigerator model fsc23f7tds3Beeping like the door is open.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one assisting you. Give me a moment to pull up some information for you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

My last reply must not have come through. I asked are you receiving any error messages?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No. Just beeping
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

ok give me just a moment

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Ok so you mentioned beeping like the door is open. Does is just steady beep? Have you checked the seals around your doors to make sure they are not damaged. Has the temp lowered?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is new refrigerator , I am a technician. Have you seen this before ??
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

I have seen this before typically it turns out to be a door seal problem or a thermistor (temp) problem or something to do with the control panel. Since it is a brand new unit I am not sure what the issue could be. So I will open this up to other experts.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

IF the alarm is on and the status light is not then that means that unit has been trying to reach the set temps for three hours but has not been able to.

If the status light is flashing green that is the door ajar computer sees door as being open for at least 5 minutes

if its flashing amber that means the refrigerator compartment had been too war for over an hour or that a power outage was detected

press the alarm reset button to turn off alarm and press again to reset.

If none of the conditions above are true and the alarm is still beeping after the reset then the main board is faulty and you would need to have it serviced under warranty since its new.

let me know what you find, thanks, ***** ***** meantime please read below,thanks

The only way I get credit for the time I spend helping you is if you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top of your page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When I open the door the lights turn on and then turn off after few seconds while the door still open.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't see a door switch.