Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Whirlpool frig that has a ice & water dispenser.

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool frig that has a ice & water dispenser. Over time it has developed a drip from were the water is dispensed it drips about 1/2 ounce an hour is there any way to stop the drip without replacing the whole unit. the model # ED5PVFXWS02 ser# ***** Thanks in advance. Jerry S
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

The entire unit doesn't need to be replaced, but unfortunately the electronic water valve on the back of the refrigerator is no longer sealing up properly so the valve on the back needs to be replaced. This part is down below the refrigerator by the compressor so below is a link to the part you need to order and replace for your model number.

CLICK HERE for valve

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?