Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Bought a smokers home and redone everything but still have

Customer Question

Bought a smokers home and redone everything but still have ciggarett smell. think it may be from the air vents. What can be done?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Bougt the place about 6 months ago
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if possible. am a senior on limited income
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: just this
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

If the vents have a smoke smell to them, first, replace the filter in your HVAC system. Spray the filter with Fabreeze. Spray the vents with a spray bottle full of white vinegar. Then just run your ventilation system and allow the air to pass through the vents and the filter. You may need to re-spray the filter after an hour or two if it dries out and then you can repeat as many times as needed.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?