Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line

I have a KA Dishwasher ktde504dss0 and the prowash light

Customer Question

I have a KA Dishwasher ktde504dss0 and the prowash light will not come on; the light soil light never complete goes out. What's up?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Sorry to hear that you are having issues,

#1 How old is this unit?

#2 Are you able to program the Prowash and get it to work ,and just the light does not come on?

#3 The light soil light never completley goes out ! Do you mean it is a dim light or that the cycle never finishes?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for the response. I have owned this for 22 months. Purchased new.Prowash does work --when I press the button, it does not light up but the prodry lights up and the DW will wash. The "light" soil level is always on in a diminished (faded fashion).It is also leaking on the left side. I have noticed that the left of the DW door seems to be pressed inward more than the right side and looking at the DW from the top, the door line is narrower on the left than the right.

ok so if it does go through the prowash cycle and the prowash light never goes on ,that would be a issue with the control panel itself

Here is a link for that.

And if the door is pushed in more on the left side then I would suspect that the door hinge is the issue, and the left will need to be replaced

Here is a link for that.

And that link has a video showing how to replace it also.

if you have any more questions just reply back to me.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can you recommend a repair company in Canton or Woodstock, Georgia? :)

I recommend you contact the manufacture for an authorized servicer .

I am in Michigan so I have no idea of whom the local servicers are .

But the manufacture will have that on file

Call(###) ###-####