Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line

I have a GE Profile front load washer with pedestal and

Customer Question

HI I have a GE Profile front load washer with pedestal and smart dispense, it has been leaking soap ..
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: sorry i had to go find paperwork ..i purchased it in 2009 .. the model is WPDH8800JMP and the pedestal is SPBD8800JMG
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: i have been reading that it might be the pump ,, i am going to attempt to get the drawer off today and see if I can find where it is coming from
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: our floor is covered in soap after each wash .. I even shut off smart dispense and it is still leaking
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Sorry to hear that you are having issues!

How old is the unit?

Is it leaking detergent from the smart dispenser , or from the bottom of the unit?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The model for was purchase in 2009 .. It seems to be leaking out the back of the pedestal .. We just ok the drawer off and the floor is covered in old hard soap .. So I don't know how long it has been leaking

ok so it is actual detergent that is leaking then .

So I will assume that it is from the dispenser itself!!

And which that would mean that the dispenser probably has a crack in it and will need to be replaced.

Since you are in Canada and I`m in the U.S I can not bring up your exact model number ,to be able to give you a part number .

But from what you are saying if it is just detergent and not water also it has to be the detergent tank that is leaking.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
t is defiantly detergent .. We pulled the drawer right out and my floor is about covered with about 1/2 thick old soap .. It has been leaking for some time

ok so then I would suggest that the dispenser tank be replaced ,that is the most likely part that is causing the leak.

Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 27 days ago.

I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time