Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Forgot that water was turned off centrally and washing

Customer Question

Forgot that water was turned off centrally and washing machine has stopped half way through cycle. The door is locked and the pump only goes when turned on. Currently disconnected from electricity. Need to unlock the door. how?
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Whirlpool maxima steam. Brand new
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no but i need the clothes out of the washer before boarding a plane this afternoon. The water will not be turned on until tonight.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

This is a common issue but one that is very easy to solve! Just leave it plugged in and allow it to run and it will time out. It may take up to 30 minutes but it will time out and reset. There is no damage that will be caused or anything else you will have to do, it just has to time out. Once it shuts off and resets, you will be good to go!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.