Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Maytag bravos x washer. it never stop sensing, from time to

Customer Question

maytag bravos x washer. it never stop sensing, from time to time is will spin one revolution. have replaced the door swiltch but made no difference
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: its my daughters so I don't know. its model number is *****
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yep
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: its spins by hand easily an with out any noise have checked all the wire bundles an harnesses the look good
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

If the unit just keeps trying to sense, it means that the actuator below the tub isn't getting into the correct position. This is the part that shifts the transmission from spin to agitate and vice versa. Below is a link to the actuator you'll want to order and replace and there is a video at the bottom of the link that shows you how to replace the part.

CLICK HERE for part

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?