Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Can you replace just the cover of the control panel on the

Customer Question

Can you replace just the cover of the control panel on the dishwasher? The plumber installed it incorrectly today and the screws from underneath the counter have scraped my brand new appliance. The panel part is listed for $195, but I only need the cover, the components are fine.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: KDFE454CSS0
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: All works perfectly, the cover is scratched and will crack. Yes, I will likely do the work myself.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No just want to know if cover can be purchased separately from the controls
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Unfortunately you can not get just the top cover, you have to replace the entire touch control panel because that's the only way it is sold. That being said, there is a 30 day cosmetic warranty on this dishwasher so if the dishwasher is damaged and the panel needs to be replaced, just call warranty and let them know the panel is scratch and they should come out and fix it at no charge. Otherwise below is the cheapest place that sells the part and it's about $125+ shipping.

CLICK HERE for control panel

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.