Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Electric range with no heat from bake or broil setting model

Customer Question

electric range with no heat from bake or broil setting model no. RS675p67146 the oven turn on but will not heat
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: whirlpool at least eight years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: what would the$ cost of the oven control panel
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Appliance Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: ok how do i pay the $5.00
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: ok i am ready for information
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

If the oven won't heat on bake or broil, then either both bake and broil elements have failed (not likely), you have a bad L2 relay on your control board and the control board now needs to be replaced, or the most likely culprit is that your thermal fuse on the back of the oven has failed and needs to be replaced. Pull the oven forward and remove the back sheet metal panel. There is a 1" round black and silver device mounted to the back of the oven with 2 wires going to it. That is the thermal fuse. You can test continuity through the fuse and if it has no continuity then replace it. If it has continuity, you need a new control board. Below is a link to the thermal fuse. A new control board is about $350 for the part so it's not cheap at all if that is needed. The fuse is about $30.

CLICK HERE for thermal fuse

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.