Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Bosh front load washer indicates Error 17 what is that?

Customer Question

Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

So E17 means there is a drain issue but it really doesn't have anything to do with your drain or filter, it means that the float switch on the bottom is triggered or at least your washer thinks it is. This means that water has worked it's way into the base of the washer and the washer thinks it's flooding OR it thinks that water is just not coming into the washer from your house for some reason.

Tilt the washer forward about 30 degrees and see if water comes out the bottom. If so, then try the washer again and see if it works. If it still won't fill with water or no water ever drained out, check your water supply coming into the washer and make sure the washer is getting water from your house. As a last step, if you're water supply is fine but it won't fill, you will need to remove the top panel of your washer and test power to the electronic solenoids to see if any of them are getting 120 volts after you press start. If so, replace the electronic water valves on the back of your washer. These are the parts that your water supply hoses from your house connect to on the washer itself. They are just not opening for some reason.

If you're not getting 120 volts to the valve, unplug the washer for 5 minutes and try again and if it still won't fill---replace the main control board.