Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Kitchen Aid dishwasher model KUDS24SEBL1 F has small

Customer Question

My Kitchen Aid dishwasher model KUDS24SEBL1 F has small black particles appearing on the dishes after the dry cycle. The particles seem to have a petroleum grease base.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

You'll want to run an empty cycle with a product called Dishwasher Magic, which cleans out the entire dishwasher. You can purchase this product on-line or buy it at Lowes. Other than that, if you still have issue with black particles getting on the dishes, take the door apart because there is a sound dampening tar mat on the inside of the door toward the bottom. Sometimes the adhesive starts to get loose and the mat slides down and breaks up in the water at the bottom of the door. If that is the case, run a knife along the bottom of the inner door and cut the bottom inch or 2 of this sound dampening mat off and that will stop it from getting in the water.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.