Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How to unlock the door of a maytag maxima? 2014-15, Yes,

Customer Question

How to unlock the door of a maytag maxima?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2014-15
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No...the clothes are inside and I need to take them out The machine is plugged in making a noise and the blinking light is on
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

It sounds like your washer went into flood mode. That means it'll continue to drain for the next 30 minutes and won't unlock the door. Just leave the washer plugged in for 30 minutes and just let it go. After the flood mode has exited it will unlock the door and you can select a cycle on the control panel as needed. The unit goes into flood mode if it takes longer than 6 minutes to fill up so make sure you have good water pressure to the washer and if so, your electronic water valve would need to be replaced because it's restricting the water flow.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.