Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

The glass window on my upper oven, Model # PT925S N3SS;

Customer Question

The glass window on my upper oven, Model # PT925S N3SS; Serial # VT6 06640Q, shattered while in the self clean mode. What could have caused this and can it be repaired and at what cost.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

So unfortunately this will happen from time to time. If dirt or sand gets in between the frame and the glass then when the oven heats up it can cause a strong stress point in the glass and it'll shatter. The front glass would need to be replaced so it definitely can be fixed, but it's not cheap. The outer door glass is about $160 and it's part number WB57T10343. If the inner door glass broke you would need part number WB56T10285 and that's about $200. To have a technician replace either part would be and additional $150 or so for trip and labor. I'm very sorry about the bad news.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 30 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?