John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Samsung f l washer locks itself after the cycle complete

Customer Question

Samsung f l washer locks itself after the cycle complete lamp goes out .... door doesn't open for "add a garment " either ... WF45H6300AW/A2
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hey Mike, if you unplug the washer will the latch reset and unlock?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No tech sheet under the lid
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

OK, but if you unplug the washer will the latch reset and unlock? Or will the door not unlock at all? How do you get the door to unlock?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
washer still usable
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

That still doesn't answer my question so I'm going to ask you again. If you unplug the washer will the latch reset and unlock? Or will the door not unlock at all? How do you get the door to unlock?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Even Just starting a new load will unlock it
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Mike... I'm going to ask one last time. You're not answering my question. If you unplug the washer will the latch reset and unlock? Or will the door not unlock at all? How do you get the door to unlock?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Working on it .... may have to run a cycle then wait for the "end " to go out (the door opens until the end " display goes out )
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry really trying to help ... so far it's locking the door whenever I turn the washer off (via powere button)
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Cycling the washer (via the plug) after the washer is powered down (and it locks itself) does NOT unlock the door ... But .... it unlocks as soon as I hit the power button .... is there a "child safety " feature that got turned on? It never did this before. ... sorry ... do I need to run a full cycle to see if it acts the same way ? ... more coming
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
As I'm typing the washer (on and in stand by) has locked and unlocked itself ... and remember locked itself again. .. (currently locked) and in standby with hourglass icon on in the display)
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Now just cycled powere from On (standby) with locked door ... washer still didn't unlock till I hit the power button
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Cancel question ... turns out it was the child lock safety feature that somehow accidentally got turned on. .... FYI Spin & Soil Level buttons simultaneously for 6 seconds turn it off