Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Need to remove 30 year old Kitchenaide garbage compactor,

Customer Question

Need to remove 30 year old Kitchenaide garbage compactor
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Just today started to decide to get it out off house it's ugly
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Can't think of anything
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

To remove the compactor just open the trash bin and remove the bin like you normally would. Now if it's installed properly it will just have screws going up into brackets above the compactor in front that you remove and then the compactor pulls straight out. However, often times contractors will through screws in all over through the bottom floor and side walls so if the unit doesn't just pull out, you'll need to remove the bin completely and look for screws going through the sides or floor. You can slide a saw in the gap between the side panel of the compactor and your cabinets as well and if you hit a screw you can try to locate it inside the compactor or just cut through the screws and then pull out the compactor.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?