Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I inherited a GE profile counter top microwave oven model

Customer Question

I inherited a GE profile counter top microwave oven model peb2060. The is no working light inside, Should there be?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 3-4 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If easy
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Yes, there should be a light. It is shown as number 4008 in the diagram at the link below. Is it working fine but just with no interior light?

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is this something I cando myself? Is the light under the white "cover" on right handside inside oven?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

The metal cover on the microwave must be removed to replace the lamp assembly. There are screws on the back and bottom of the cover. As long as you unplug the microwave and only go by the bulb and not the high voltage components, it will be easy to replace. Would you like a link to the bulb assembly? It is held in place by two screws and has two connecting wires is all.

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

The bulb is available at the link below.

CLICK HERE

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!