John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Whirlpool fridge/freezer model GX5FHTXVB000. Fridge is not

Customer Question

Whirlpool fridge/freezer model GX5FHTXVB000. Fridge is not cold. Turned up to 6. Freezer is making ice so I guess that is okay
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The refrigerator section of the unit gets its cooling from the freezer section, the evaporator fan ( fan in freezer ) circulates air to the refrigerator section, if the refrigerator is not cooling but the freezer is then there is an air flow issue of some sort, either the fan in the freezer is not running or the evaporator in the freezer is froze up not allowing air flow to the refrigerator section, you will need to open the freezer and look and feel if the freezer fan is running, if not that is the problem, if so then look for ice.frost build up on the back freezer panel, let me know what you find and we will go from there, thanks.