Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a refrigerator model-59672003016 and the issue with

Customer Question

I have a refrigerator model-59672003016 and the issue with it that the refrigerator side is over freezing the food with a temperature of 25 degrees. Please help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

So there are a few possibilities that can cause your problem. Either the thermistor sensor above the light fixture isn't reading the temperature properly, or the damper assembly is stuck open. You'll want to remove the vent cover on the front of the damper enclosure to check the damper. The damper is mounted just below the ceiling inside the refrigerator section against the back wall. It's the air vent in the middle that blows air out into the refrigerator. The front vent face just pries off to expose a couple screws. Remove the cover and check the damper which is just a flap that opens and closes to allow air into the refrigerator from the freezer. The damper should be closed to stop air from flowing into the refrigerator if the refrigerator gets too cold. Try to force the damper close and if it re-opens before the temperature raises, then you need to replace sensor above the light fixture. If the damper doesn't open or starts working like normal again then possibly the damper was/is jammed and the damper would need to be replaced if it still can't regulate the temperature properly.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do you have a part number for this?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

The damper assembly is part number W10207517, but the thermistor sensor isn't listed in the parts diagram so you'd need to contact a parts store directly to look up the sensor

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did they can't seem to find it. Are you sure this has a THERMISTER inside the refrigerator side?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Yes, I'm 100% certain. How else do you think it senses the temperature inside? This unit uses a display control board not a mechanical thermostat. But again that is why you need a parts store to look up the part because it's not shown on the parts breakdown which is why I can't give you the part number either. I believe part number 12002355 will work but I can't say for certain if it works for this unit or not.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?