Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

How do I disable the high temperature alarm for a Viking

Customer Question

How do I disable the high temperature alarm for a Viking VCBB363 refrigerator/freezer?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Viking is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: exact model is VCBB363R-SS. It is about 8 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: nothing else I can think of. Thanks!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will assist you today.

To turn off HIGH TEMP ALARM, press and hold the HIGH TEMP ALARM button for three seconds. The indicator light will go off.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

High Temp Alarm

The High Temp Alarm system will alert you if the freezer or refrigerator temperatures exceed normal operating

temperatures due to a power outage or other event. When activated, the HIGH TEMP ALARM light will illuminate.

If the freezer or refrigerator temperatures have exceeded these limits, the display will alternately show the current compartment temperatures and the highest compartment temperatures reached when the power was out. An audible alarm will sound repeatedly.

Press the HIGH TEMP ALARM button once to stop the audible alarm. The HIGH TEMP ALARM light will continue to flash and the temperatures will alternate until the temperatures have stabilized.

If you have found this information helpful all I ask is you rate with 5 stars at the top. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It is going off for no reason with no high temp problem. It went off this morning at 2am for example. It ruined my day.Can you confirm this will permanently disable the alarm?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

Well there is no way to permanently disable the alarm because of course its there for a reason. Its possibly a dirty sensor or maybe the coils needing cleaned if there is no problem with the temp but it will certainly shut it off and hopefully will not give you any more problems. Sorry to hear it woke you up like that.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It is going off weekly at random times and periodically waking everybody up at night. Again, no problem with the temperature in the freezer. Other models allow for disabling the alarm but it seems not this one.Is there any documentation on the maintenance, or can you describe how to clean the sensor and coils?
Is there a wire that goes to the speaker that I can pull??
Is there anything else you can think of that can stop the alarm from sounding???Many thanks again.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

Give me just one moment I will pull up this information and see what I can find.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

So far I have found that you have the option to turn off all the alarms.

When the Alarm mode is OFF, all audible alarms will be disabled until the featuree is turned on

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

So there is not a way to specifically turn it just off just to turn off all the alarms. Also here is a copy of your manual in the event you need it. I hope you find this information helpful and are willing to rate with 5 stars at the top. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event this happens again.

http://www.vikingrange.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m840012_f20394.pdf

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I believe that is the wrong manual for the VCBB363. For the instruction, "To access the User Preferences menu, press and hold the Door Open Alarm pad for three seconds," I do not have a "Door Open Alarm pad" to then set disable all alarms.I have 5 buttons on left, a small display panel in the middle, followed by 4 buttons on the right. Left side buttons are: "Display On, FRZ Temp, REF Temp, Higher Temp, Lower Temp". Right side buttons are: "Max Ref, Max FRZ, Alarm Off, Display Off.Please note I have tried to hold the "Alarm Off" button for 3 seconds to permanently disable the alarm, but it has not worked.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

Ok well then I must have the wrong manual I could have sworn it pulled up your unit but I must be wrong so I will opt out of this question and see if anyone else has any ideas.