Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Samsung RS265LBBP that was leaking water into the

Customer Question

Hello. I have a Samsung RS265LBBP that was leaking water into the bottom of the fridge. I took the inside panel off and defrosted all the ice. I can see the drain hole under the coils but I cannot get water to drain through it. I took the lower panel off on the back of the unit and I can see the bottom of the drain pipe. There is no water in the pan under the drain pipes. I tried to run a copper wire through the drain pipe from the bottom and from the top to no avail. What am I missing here?
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: Samsung RS265LBBP probably 12 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just that I have the refrigerator all apart currently and my wife keeps asking me when it will be finished.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

It sounds like you're on the right track but the problem is the drain line will be frozen just below the drain hole under the silver coils. You'll need to shoot hot water down this hole with a turkey baster or leave the unit unplugged for 12 hours and allow this drain line to thaw out. To clean out the line best, ***** ***** even blow compressed air down through the hole once the ice has thawed out, but until you thaw the ice out inside the drain line, you can't try to clean out the drain.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?