Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have a whirlpool fridge and recently bought a 2 year

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool fridge and recently bought a 2 year warranty plan. The unit has a freezer on the bottom and the refridgerator on top. The grid at the back of the freezer has a tendency to ice over and prevent cool air from going into the top. The freezer temp is currently set at 4 out of 7. Would it help the unit to defrost if I turned the freezer temp down. What do you recommend?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I'll look for a model #
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I wouldn't know how. I'd going to look for the initial paper work.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: model # WRF535SMBM
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Yes it may completely cure the issue if you defrost it I would try that and then if the frost comes back call for warranty service as you likely have a defrosting issue.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!