Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I tried typing the question before but didn't know the

Customer Question

I tried typing the question before but didn't know the service cost money. I refreshed and can't type in the box anymore.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have an LG side by side LSC27921ST model. The water dispenser has water coming out, but the ice dispenser does not. Also the ice arm looks to be in the down position / broken b/c it does not move up and down very well.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one assisting you today. Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your unit. So I understand better are you saying its not dispensing ice but it will water?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Correct
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Usually I just reset the ice maker and do the on / off switch a few times and it works fine after that, but now no water goes into the tray.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Here is all the information that can be causing the problem to your unit not producing ice.

The water inlet valve is an electrically-controlled valve that opens to supply water to the dispenser and ice maker. If the water inlet valve is defective, or if it has insufficient pressure, it won’t allow water to flow through. As a result, the ice maker won’t make ice. The valve requires at least 20 psi to function properly. Make sure that the water pressure to the valve is at least 20 psi. If the water pressure is sufficient, use a multimeter to check for power to the water inlet valve. If the water inlet valve has sufficient pressure and is getting power, but the ice maker won’t fill with water to make ice, replace the water inlet valve.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/LG-Refrigerator-Water-Inlet-Valve/5221JA2006D/1266849?modelNumber=LSC27921ST&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a4b200d865896

part testing

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/LG-Refrigerator-Water-Inlet-Valve/5221JA2006D/1266849?modelNumber=LSC27921ST&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a4b200d865896#repairHelpVideoTabsAnchor

One component of the ice maker assembly might be defective. Since many of the ice maker components are not sold separately, you may need to purchase and replace the entire ice maker assembly. Before replacing the ice maker assembly, check the water inlet valve, water line, and fan. If none of these parts are at fault, and the freezer temperature is at least 15 degrees Fahrenheit, replace the ice maker assembly.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/LG-Refrigerator-Ice-Maker-Assembly/5989JA1005D/1266867?modelNumber=LSC27921ST&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a4b200d865896

The door switch turns off the ice and water dispenser when the refrigerator door is open. If the door switch fails, the dispenser will not turn on. To determine if the door switch is defective, use a multimeter to test it for continuity. If the door switch does not have continuity when activated, replace it.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/LG-Refrigerator-Door-Switch/6600JB3007E/1268250?modelNumber=LSC27921ST&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a4b200d865896

A clogged water filter can restrict the flow of water to the dispenser and prevent the ice maker from working properly. The water filter should be replaced about every six months to maintain proper water flow and ensure water quality.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/LG-Refrigerator-Water-Filter/ADQ72910901/2002464?modelNumber=LSC27921ST&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a4b200d865896

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi there, thanks. I have read all of these issues. Is it possible to get a little more info from you rather than just web pages copied back?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

No that is totally fine I typically just like to inform customers of what they are going to be looking at

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

You said the water is dispensing so I am wondering if you have had a moment to check the water inlet valve yet? Those are most common for causing these problems so it will need to be checked.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Seems like the inlet valve has no value when testing with multimeter. It has sufficient water pressure.
I'm guessing this means the inlet valve is bad? Is this correct even though the water dispenser is still working?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXIX73EI1Z4

Here is the directions for checking but yet that is what it means. It means it failed electrically and will need to be replaced.

I hope you have found this information helpful and are willing to rate with 5 stars. The link I gave you up towards the top is your replacement part you will need. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok thanks, ***** ***** the arm for the ice maker hanging all the way down?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

unfortunately with most units including yours the arm is not sold separately so in order to fix that you would have to replace the whole ice maker assembly. I hope you have found this information I have provided helpful and are willing to leave a 5 star rating for my help. If you need anything further rating does not stop you from getting back to me.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

I was wondering if you had found my information helpful or not. If you have please rate with 5 stars at the top. In the event you have any follow up questions you can still reach me here on this thread even after rating.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Greetings, I have not rated yet b/c we just got the part installed and the part did not fix the issue. Do you have any other ideas? It looks like no water comes out of the ice part of the part you had me buy.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Ok so remind me again what did you replace?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We replaced the water inlet valve.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Is the arm still hanging down on your ice maker?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the arm is still hanging down
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

So until the broken ice maker assembly is replaced its not going to work. It will need to have a new one installed.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How do you know it's the ice maker?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Well since the arm is hanging down that's a good indication. The only parts that contribute to your unit working or not working are the auger motors the ice maker assembly itself, the water inlet valve or the door switch. Since the arm is hanging tells me more than likely you have a problem with the ice maker itself. The water inlet valve was bad as well since you were getting no reading.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am still getting no reading on the new water inlet valve tho?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Well thats not right. With you putting a new one in you should be getting a reading that does not make sense. Give me a few minutes to see what can cause this to happen.