Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a GE profile oven and a couple months ago the regular

Customer Question

Hey I have a GE profile oven and a couple months ago the regular bake wouldn't get past 100° so I started using convection baking for several months . Today the oven started beeping between probe and bake and neither convection or regular bake work . I'm assuming I have two or more sensors out now and I am looking for advice to repair this myself . I'm pretty handy
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

So first, let's go over your original issue with the bake not heating but convection still working. That only occurs if your bake relay on your main control board has failed and isn't sending power to the bake element, or more likely the bake element has just failed. You'll need to flip the circuit breaker off to the oven, pull the oven forward, and remove the back sheet metal panel. Then test continuity through the bake element and see if you have continuity. If the bake element no longer has continuity, then you need to replace the bake element. If you do have continuity then replace the main control board. The convection baking uses a different element around the convection fan motor while the bake element is mounted at the bottom of the oven.

As for your new issue, if you are getting Probe flashing on the display, it means that the unit think your meat probe is plugged in. Open the oven door which has the meat probe jack inside and turn the circuit breaker off to the oven. Try to clean out the meat probe jack with white vinegar and a Q-tip in case oil has worked it's way inside. Allow the jack to dry out and then flip the circuit breaker back on. If the "probe" light continues to come on, you'll need to order and replace the probe receptacle because it has failed and just think that the probe is plugged in when it's not.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?