John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a samsung 2 door fridge with flex zone drawer

Customer Question

I have a samsung 2 door fridge with flex zone drawer (rf28hmedbsraa). The ice maker started freezing up-with ice flowing over the ice maker. We defrosted and reset but continued to do this. About same time the flex zone drawer iced up and overflowed the drip pan with lots of floor leakage. unsure if they were related. But i still haven't gotten my ice machine to work again. It continues to ice up after defrost and hitting the reset button. (The flex drawer quit icing up)
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Bought it new 1 year ago july
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes, we had an HD warranty but they couldn't find a samsung repairman in our area to work on it.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will try to assist you today.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

I am wondering if the problem is with your ice maker itself. Typically the only thing that would make this happen is if your ice maker assembly is defective and if it is it will need to be replaced.