Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have A Bosch washer Lavadore Nexxt - that has a clogged

Customer Question

We have A Bosch washer Lavadore Nexxt - that has a clogged drain - the door is locked due to being in the middle of a cycle - Drain! How can the door b e opened this case?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 10 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes as there are no service people available to day - we are leaving tomorrow morning at 6am
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: yes how to open the washer door?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

You are correct about the door issue being related to the drain. The door will not open until the water drains out. There is a small 4" circular access panel in the lower right hand corner of the front panel. There is a tiny hole that you need to stick a pin through to push back and release the locking tab. The access door will then turn 1/4 of a turn counter clockwise. Behind there is a 3" diameter plastic drain cap. To the left of the cap is a pull down cable to manually unlock the door so you can remove the clothing inside. Unscrew this cap and all the water will come out. You can clean the drain catch if something is blocking the drain behind the plastic drain cap.

Once the water is removed, you can pull down on the little metal wire on the side of the drain pump to manually release the door. Below is a link to a video that shows you how to do this process. If you still have a drain issue after cleaning the drain catch, the drain pump itself would need to be replaced and that really isn't an easy job.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?