Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

The freezer stopped to work and has defrosted. The light in

Customer Question

The freezer stopped to work and has defrosted. The light in the freezer is on.
JA: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?
Customer: it is LG, 3camera refrigerator. the freezer is on the bottom.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is possible, will do
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I do not know what else to say ,except that it is not a 3 cameras ,it is 3 doors refrigerator. The refrigerator part is working ,I think.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who assists you today. Give me just a moment to pull up some information for you. What is the model number of your unit?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
LG LRFC 25750TT
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

The condenser coils are usually located under the refrigerator. They dissipate heat as refrigerant passes through them. If the condenser coils are dirty, they won’t dissipate the heat effectively. As debris builds up on the coils, the refrigerator becomes less efficient, causing the refrigerator to work harder to cool down. If the coils are significantly dirty, the refrigerator will not be able to maintain the proper temperature. Check the condenser coils to determine if they are dirty—if the condenser coils are dirty, clean them.

Also do you happen to hear the fan running in the back.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I would prefer your assistance by email
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Did the site try to offer a phone call? It wasnt me. I am totally fine doing this online through the thread.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Did you receive my message about checking the condenser coils as well as if you hear the fan currently running?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I cannot reach the condenser , if you mean the part which located under the freezer . The freezer is sitting practically on the floor, maybe two inches above the floor and it is difficult or impossible to reach it. We did not hear the fan running in the back.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

ok the condenser coils should just be located on the back not underneath. So since the fan is not currently running then what has happened is your fan has went out on you and will need to be replaced. Are you interested in replacing this part yourself if you are I can send you the part you will need?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do you mean that to reach the condenser I have to pool out the refrigerator to reach the condenser?. If yes we will need a personal assistant, an appliance technician to do the job. Any suggestion?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

I am thinking you are referring to the compressor. Are you talking about the black pot looking thing in the back? I was referring to the coils in the back that become dirty overtime. Sometimes they are located in the back or front. You also should have like a grill towards the bottom that can get dirty as well. Do you see the things I am talking about?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No I do not. .We do not have any grill
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

I am pulling up a diagram of your unit at this moment. This is the part I feel has went out on your unit and will need to be replaced though. Give me a moment to pull up diagrams of your particular unit.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/LG-Refrigerator-Condenser-Fan-Motor/4680JK1001B/1267550?modelNumber=LRFC25750TT&ss=a4b200i315d684424&mr=1

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/section-1-parts-for-lg-lrfc25750tt-aticlga.html

So it looks like your coils are located from the inside in the back which would mean you would need to remove the back panel on the inside of your fridge to locate the coils. Some units are like this.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

I was wondering if you had a moment to look over the information I had provided for you?