Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Washer front loading automatic washer door will not open

Customer Question

washer front loading automatic washer door will not open
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

First, just leave the unit plugged in for 60 seconds to see if the washer will reset on it's own. If you've done this, then unplug the unit again and remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel on the washer. Unplug the washer, then pull the top panel of the washer straight back, up, and off. Now you can reach down in from below the top of the machine down to the door latch. There is a pull tab at the bottom of the door latch which will manually unlock the door. Pull down on this tab and then open the door. Now plug the washer back in and see if the washer reset and will allow you to start a cycle. If you can't start a cycle still, then the latch would need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?