Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

My whirlpool model WTW5000DW0 stops in rinse cycle. I hear a

Customer Question

my whirlpool model WTW5000DW0 stops in rinse cycle. I hear a load clicking sound.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will try to assist you tonight. What has happened is your control board has went out on your washer and will need replaced.

http://www.repairclinic.com/Shop-For-Parts/a11b5c13d1931949/Model-WTW5000DW0-Whirlpool-Washing-Machine-Circuit-Board-Timer-Parts

I hope you find this information helpful and are willing to rate with 5 stars on the top for my assistance. Sorry it wasn't a simple thing to just press or something but the fact your board is not reacting to your attempts tells me the board has malfunctioned and these things can not be fixed only replaced.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Just checking in with you to see how it was going?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The noise is coming from under the drum and not the control board at the top. Juts want to be sure as I don't want to replace a $220 part for no reason.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

I absolutley understand where you are coming from. So first lets check this if the noise is coming from under the drum

Washer main drive belt. This belt is located under the washing machine and is used to drive the splutch pulley. It goes around the motor & splutch pulleys. Worn or broken drive belt can cause spin or washplate problems.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Whirlpool-Washing-Machine-Drive-Belt/WPW10006384/1871380?modelNumber=WTW5000DW0&ss=a11b5d1931949&mr=1

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Just following up with you to see how its going?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It was a small nail blocking the water pump
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Oh wow I am glad you were able to find this problem and solve the issue. Sometimes its just about looking over the small things to find the bigger problem. I am glad this issue is resolved for you. It was a pleasure trying to assist you.