Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

How can it be fixed?My Whirlpool dryer says control locked,

Customer Question

how can it be fixed?My Whirlpool dryer says control locked
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: My whirlpool dryer says it it control locked what can Ido?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible BUT......
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No I don't think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

There should be a control lock button on your control panel that you can press and hold for 5 seconds to remove the control lock. Other than that, press and hold the "end of cycle signal" button in the bottom right corner which should unlock the control panel if you don't have a control lock button on your model number.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?