John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Top loading washing machine no longer starts filling at wash

Customer Question

Top loading washing machine no longer starts filling at wash cycle when the dial is pushed in. It might spin or start "draining" (no water in it). Washer cycle is out of kilter.
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Must get to the basement. I don't know how old it is. It was here when I moved in, almost 3 years ago. The only number I see imprinted on the back of the machine is###-##-#### I don't see a sticker that says "model #"
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Probably not. Does it need a part?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I just wondered what the solution would be. Ever since I moved into the house, I'd have to lift the lid after about 5 minutes of filling, or it would stop filling and start washing with the machine only 1/2 full of water. Strange....
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to try and assist you today. Try checking under the lid or door to see if there is a model number in there.