Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We have a Whirlpool washer Model # WTW4616FW. It has been

Customer Question

we have a Whirlpool washer Model # WTW4616FW. It has been working great until today. Now we push the start button nothing happens. I have checked the power supply and it has electricity.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Does the control light up to allow you to select a cycle but just not start?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No. The machine appears to be dead
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

I am here, sorry.

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Can you confirm there is power to the outlet?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have a tester and there is power
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

In the diagram at the link below, number 4 is the main control, accessed by removing the number 5 panel. Can you test at the cord connection on that control to make sure the control is getting 120 VAC to it, please?

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't have that kind of tester. It only plugs into a socket. I did take off the back panel and all wires are connected. It is a pretty new machine.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Okay, will if the socket is live, the power is likely getting to the control unless you see issues with the cord. Have you unplugged it for at least 5 minutes to reset the control?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I just unplugged the machine. I didn't realize I needed to do it for 5 minutes. I am sorry, but I need to leave for a dinner appointment. I will return later this evening. Can we continue then if it still isn't working?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Of course, thank you! Leave it unplugged while you are gone and post back if still dead. Thank you!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We just got home. Sorry for the late hour. I plugged the machine in and there is still no response when I push the start button. With the back cover off, I can see green LED lights on in the back, so I would think it is getting power.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

You are correct, so that would indicate that the main control is faulty. The control is part number W10888107. All connections simply unplug and plug in, making for an easy replacement.