Jamie_2013
Jamie_2013, Handyman
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 6 years
76126576

Not working. code on door says, refrig. sy and freezer.what

Customer Question

not working. code on door says, refrig. sy and freezer.what is wrong and how do I clear them
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I didn't type the freezer code is ef. it started this morning
JA: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?
Customer: model;fgun2642lfi ser.4a13410703. this morning can't read, bcause of the fault codes.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes, if possible,
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 2 months ago.

SY EF indicates Evaporator fan circuit failureCheck wiring between evaporator fan and control board. Check for 12VDC to fan between red and brown wires. Check for variant voltage (depending on high or low speed) between yellow and brown. If correct replace evaporator fan. If error code still exist, replace control board.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 3 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated.

I see this question is still open. Do you need more help?

Please remember to use the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 3 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated.

Please remember I do not get paid unless you use the star rating chart at the top of your page to rate me a 5. Nobody likes going to work and not getting paid.