Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

When usingdishwasher no matter what draw is in use after

Customer Question

when usingdishwasher no matter what draw is in use after completion of washing there is water n the draw that ws not used
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: is a kitchen aid double draw model# *****
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no, just that seem when dishwsher is completed there is water in draw that was not in used
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

The issue you're experiencing means that your dishwasher drain is not set up properly. There are 2 drain hoses that go to this dishwasher (one in the bottom and one from the top drawer). Because most people don't have 2 separate drain hook ups under their sink, there is a "y-connector" that connects to both of theses hoses and then the other end connects to the disposal or a candy cane or something like that which goes into the drain pipe under your sink. If the drain hoses are going to a stand pipe, just remove the y-connection and push both drain hoses down the stand pipe and zip tie the hoses to the side of the stand pipe so they don't fall out and that will fix this problem.

Other than that, if the y-connection goes to your disposal, you need to have a high rise drain loop in both drain hoses before it goes down into the disposal or water will flow out one hose and back into the other hose. A high rise drain loop means that the drain hose must rise all the way up to the bottom of the counter-top before going down and connecting to the disposal.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?