AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 10 years
76126576

I have an error code of F5E0 on my whirlpool self cleaning

Customer Question

I have an error code of F5E0 on my whirlpool self cleaning stove/oven. The latch is in open position and I cannot close the door. Help. My stove is only 1 1/2 years old.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: WFG510s0ab2
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: YES
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no I just want to clean my oven and I pulled the door and was not sure if it was locked and then the error code came on.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 8 months ago.

F5 - E0Door switches do not agree (condition exists when door switch is closed indicating an open door, and latch switch is closed indicating a locked door)1. If door latched:

1. Disconnect power from unit.
  2. Check wires and connectors from control to door switch, then from door switch to control. If no damage to wires and all connectors okay, proceed to step C.
  3. Replace door switch.
  4. Re-apply power.
  5. Press and hold any key down for 1 minute to clear F5 failure code from memory. F2 will appear. Press CANCEL and observe for 1 minute to ensure operation is correct.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 3 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Did not help. Went from f5e1 to f2e1 and back to f5e1 again. The lock symbol still shows on the face.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Have you read my message?

You have a faulty door lock and will need to replace it.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok thanks.

No problem.

I see this question is still open. Do you need more help?

Please remember to use the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 3 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated.