John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

How much is it to talk to someone here? how do i start? just

Customer Question

how much is it to talk to someone here?
JA: It's only $5.
Customer: how do i start? just type my question in on the main web page?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: it is going on two months, i bought a used dryer and since i have moved it has not had heat.
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 6 years old, maytag mede200xw1
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i just replace the element, the old one tested fine but i figured whom knows just maybe. i have replaced the fuse and the both sensors on the tube the element is in. i have also replaced the wiring and one moisture sensor (the self diagnostic said i had an open moisture sensor). i was told to test for 120 at the element when it is running to see if the motor has a short, there is 120 at the element, another tech told me that it must be the main board since i had 120 at the element so i just changed that and i still have no heat, the element is still not heating up. i checked to make sure that i have 240 and i do have 240 coming in as well.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** whilst I understand that you have changed the dryer heater did you check both the thermal fuse and thermostat for continuity?