Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

E15 error. Many times, tip the unit over put it back on and

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. E15 error. Many times, tip the unit over put it back on and it is back after a few washes. What is a common area for the leak? I can't see it. Nor can I figure out how to get at the bottom where the pump is. I do have a spare pump.
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: About Five years. Sears. Just a sec, got to turn it right side up to get the model.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, if I can see what the issue is. Model 630.13003016
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of now.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

to get to the bottom of the mechanical compartment you will need to remove the kick plate under the door on the front of the unit.

not directly from the bottom of the unit since it has a bottom base assembly.

and you say that you have a spare pump (Which one
) this model has two pumps .

and as for the laek it could be coming from many places ,does it only leak when it has water in it or does it leak anytime?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello Woody,I am out of town on business during the week and don't check this email often. Sorry for the delay.The unit has what must be a slow leak. Using the quick fix to tip the unit over that drains the float area allows the washer to wash 6-8 more loads before tripping the sensor again.I have run it many times with the kick plate removed and I can't see any leak or moisture.The pump I have is from the unit. It was serviced under warranty and the technician at the time believed it was a pump problem. He replaced it then noticed the old pump had plastic wrapped around the impeller. He suggested I keep it for the future.I was thinking I have nothing to loose if I can't see a leak to replace the pump and see what happens. But I can't remember how buddy swapped out the pump.I guess I could get a camera in there to search...Any help would be appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello? Is that it?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello new expert here so you said you have a back up pump?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello,Here is my reply to the other guy.I am out of town on business during the week and don't check this email often. Sorry for the delay.The unit has what must be a slow leak. Using the quick fix to tip the unit over that drains the float area allows the washer to wash 6-8 more loads before tripping the sensor again.I have run it many times with the kick plate removed and I can't see any leak or moisture.The pump I have is from the unit. It was serviced under warranty and the technician at the time believed it was a pump problem. He replaced it then noticed the old pump had plastic wrapped around the impeller. He suggested I keep it for the future.I was thinking I have nothing to loose if I can't see a leak to replace the pump and see what happens. But I can't remember how buddy swapped out the pump.I guess I could get a camera in there to search...Any help would be appreciated. I will not be able to work on the unit till the weekend.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

I understand you can not work until the weekend but when you have the chance to reply I will need to know if you have checked the upper lower and/or center wash rack assembly for any cracks that may be in there.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

so in order to take that belt off you are going to need to unscrew the 15 screws on the back panel to get it off and then replace the belt.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have looked inside and don't see any cracks. What is the comment about the drive belt for?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

That was not meant for you that was a system error that posted it onto your question I apologize about that.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Have you tried installing the new/older pump that was barely used yet?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No, I have not. The washer has been running now for two weeks without stopping. I am off to Toronto soon so any further investigation will have to wait for the long weekend. For now, I continue to ask my wife to only operate the unit when someone is home to watch it just in case it goes into the E15 fault and the pump keeps going. Thank-you.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

I will be here when you need me.