Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have the frigidaire oven model RBE 97N and I am trying to

Customer Question

HI. I have the frigidaire oven model RBE 97N and I am trying to figure out how to take off the top door of the oven so I can clean it.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: RBE 97N -- it is probably from around 1971
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: That is when the house was built and the oven is original to the house.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Yes. I don't think I need a repair person to clean an oven. It does have a self cleaning feature, but the time clock no longer functions and due to the age I am leery of setting the oven for 550 and walking away for three hours.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
to be completely clear, I have the dual oven model. The lower oven has quick release levers on either side that allow the lower oven door to drop down completely for easy cleaning. The question is for the upper oven door. There is no quick release for the upper oven door, as the manufacturer equipped it with a self cleaning feature. The oven is 46+ years old and I am not going to use the self clean option. This particular oven is very deep and not very wide. I believe it is about 23" wide so it is impossible to reach in to clean the oven. I tried to pull up on the oven door metal guides to see if it would release the door in the a similar manner to that of the lower door (once the tabs were released). The metal guides do have some "give" however they must both be done at the same time and even with that the oven would rather come out of the wall than let the spring held metal guides come completely out of the hole. I hope you can help -
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

See the attached page. Does your model have this style door? The entire manual is available below.

CLICK HERE