Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

Whirlpool ref model GZ25FSRXYY2 has water in bottom of

Customer Question

Whirlpool ref model GZ25FSRXYY2 has water in bottom of freezer and it leaks out onto the floor. Shut off water line to frig, did not help
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and prepare your answer as I may need to look up part numbers, schematics, etc;

Thank you for your patience.

every 8-12 hours your refrigerator goes into a defrost cycle to melt the ice off the evaporator coils, then the water drains down the defrost drain tube to the defrost pan under the fridge, if the tube gets stopped up it will cause the water to back up into the unit, in your case the freezer section. The drain will have to be cleaned out.

The drain is located behind the back freezer panel in the freezer under the evaporator coils you will need to remove everything out of the freezer and take off the back panel and you will see a small hole under the evaporator that is where the water is suppose to drain, get a air hose if you have an air compressor or a turkey baster and hot water and blow the drain out until the water drains down the hole properly and it will be fixed, let me know if you have any questions, in the meantime please read below:

The only way I get credit for the time I spend helping you is if you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top of your page 3 stars or higher. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. Thank you in advance.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and unrated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.