John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

We have had a Bosch Ascenta for 2 years- model #

Customer Question

We have had a Bosch Ascenta for 2 years- model # SHE3AR56UC/21 FD941101241. For the first year and a half, it worked fine. Since then, we continue to get small food particles baked onto our dishes. We have made sure the Jet Dry is full. We ensured that no holes in the wand at the bottom were plugged. We scrape the food off our dishes. We have tried smaller loads. We change the detergent we use. Nothing works. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 8 months ago.

When did you last put a cleaner/descaler through it last?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We haven’t used a descaler/cleanser at all. I plan to pick some up. I will let you know the results.Jim
Expert:  bonzaco replied 8 months ago.

OK look forward to your call.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We tried one cycle of descaler and it seemed to help. We are trying a second one. I'll let you know how it goes.
Jim
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.

OK keep me in the loop.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We continued to get small particles on our dishes so we tried a second cleanser/descaler. It didn't make a difference. We continue to get about 25 % or our dishes coming out with particles on them
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Do you have any other suggestions? Jim
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.

Hi sorry been away for afew days, you need to keep going with the cleaning - remember this build up of debris has developed over a number of years. You need to start using the hottest wash you have as the debris has solidified around the outside of the pipes - there is no easy answer other than to scrap the machine. Keep with it we are down from 100 to 25% so heading the right way. Which cleaner are you using?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
FINISH
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.

Do you have Oust or Fairy out there?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I haven't seen it but I will check at some of the plumbing shops. We are away until early next week so I will let you know then.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.

OK speak to you then.