John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a Kitchenaid double drawer refrigerator Model

Customer Question

I have a Kitchenaid double drawer refrigerator Model KDDC24RVS00
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The alarm is going, the control panel does not respond and the Fault code says PO1. I have turned of the power at the circuit box in my home twice. I have left it off for 10 minutes. The temp in the drawer has dropped 8 degrees in the last 3 hours. What can it be?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is simple, yes. Otherwise I will need a technician
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: My desktop computer is on the same circuit. Two days ago, I awoke to needing to restart my computer as if the power had been shut down. The alarm on the fridge did not start until a day later. Not sure if they are related or not.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The manual was printed in 2010. I bought it brand new from an appliance store in 2015. I have been using it since August 2015. I checked and the Model number KDDC24RVS00 is correct. The serial number is *****
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Press and hold "Cooling On/Off" and "Holiday Mode" for 3 seconds to enter the display test mode. Does the display react?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It does not react. We held them down at the same time and for 3+ seconds.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Okay, and how long did you have the breaker off for when trying to reset it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I mentioned earlier that I had it off for 10 minutes. I also mentioned that the temp inside is dropping.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

I will place your question back to the list for others to see. Perhaps another will be able to help.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Does that mean that someone from "the list" will reply today? If no one replies, do you get back to me?